When we say the SONIC culture is unique, we mean it. By design, we seek and attract a different kind of employee than most companies, because we encourage the same creative, free-wheeling, fun-loving passion here in the office as we do on our roller-skating front lines.
Innovation and personal expression allow our people to accomplish more – for the company and for themselves. At SONIC, we passionately believe that work should be something you look forward to, hungrily. We practice that belief from the top down, from the bottom up. And it shows.
- Relationships as a way of life
- Surprise & Delight everyone touched by the SONIC brand
- Entrepreneurial Spirit and the power of the individual
- Respect for everyone touched by the SONIC brand
Benefits & Perks
Are you craving a full course of career satisfaction with a side order of competitive salary and a nice refreshing cup of benefits? Well, push that big red button. We know that keeping the best people means keeping them happy. Depending on position and employee benefit elections, our corporate benefits package may include:
Health & Wellness:
- Medical Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Absence Time
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Cancer and Specified Disease Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Expos
- On-Site Flu Shots and Health Assessments
- Subsidized Gym Memberships
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Short-Term Financial Incentives
- Long-Term Financial Incentives
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Care & Dependent Care Reimbursement
- SmartDollar Membership
- Car Allowance
- Cell Phone Service Reimbursement
- PerkSpot Employee Discounts
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Tuition Assistance
- Professional Development
- Service Recognition Program
- Subsidized Meals
- Monthly Employee Luncheons
- Summer Flexible Fridays
- Dress For Your Day Attire (Jeans!)
We recognize that SONIC’s success is a result of the support of every local community. One of our core values is “relationships as a way of life” and we value the relationship we have with each neighborhood that surrounds a SONIC location.
Our Oklahoma City corporate office focuses on supporting youth through education and arts opportunities within the state of Oklahoma. Through our Tutor Tot program, SONIC employees can choose to tutor local elementary school children during business hours. And each year, we spearhead employee giving campaigns for United Way of Central Oklahoma and Allied Arts, providing SONIC employees the opportunity to contribute financially and/or to donate their time through on- and off-site volunteer activities.
The SONIC system bands together through Limeades for Learning®, a nationwide cause branding initiative, to provide essential and innovative learning materials to public school classrooms across the country in partnership with DonorsChoose.org. Through the award-winning initiative, SONIC and our franchise partners have donated more than $9 million to public school classrooms in local communities across the country.
Diversity & Inclusion
At SONIC, we believe that diversity makes us stronger and that the inclusion of different people, thoughts and ideas makes our business better. We embrace the unique perspective, talent and spirit of everyone engaged in our work. We are committed to building diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our work and embracing the cognitive diversity that results from sharing different viewpoints.
Oklahoma City, OK
SONIC is proudly based in Oklahoma City, home of the Oklahoma City Thunder, a dynamic fine arts scene, world-class health amenities, an award-winning family favorite zoo and science museum, and so much more – not to mention the best Cheeseburgers in America (obviously!). We love it here and you will too. Check it out.
SONIC Summer Internship Program
[in-turn] – a person who works as an apprentice or trainee in an occupation or profession to gain practical experience
[son–ik] [in-turn] – an intern (see above) who is motivated, who thrives in a unique, collaborative work environment and who enjoys Cheeseburgers, Tots, and SONIC Happy HourPurpose
- To bring fresh, bright talent to SONIC’s thinking
- To get assistance on key functional projects
- To train and inspire up-and-coming leaders, and provide them with hands-on experience
- To create a network of SONIC candidates
Why Choose SONIC? Why wouldn’t you choose SONIC?!
- Paid internships
- A unique, high-energy culture with a colorful, open environment
- Dress For Your Day policy - wear jeans to work!
- Lead meaningful projects in your area of expertise
- Presentations to Senior Leadership
- Networking workshops through the Oklahoma City Chamber’s Greater Grads program
- Perks! Employee luncheons, SONIC celebrations, employee events
- Group philanthropic community project